School of Medicine
Stand Out and Save Lives
Discover healthcare innovations as a biomedical scientist. Provide compassionate and effective patient care as a doctor of medicine. And so much more. UCR’s School of Medicine (SOM) serves the healthcare needs of the Inland Empire — a rapidly growing and ethnically diverse region that’s home to 4.2 million people!
UCR offers research opportunities to all undergraduate students! This advantage catapults you to the “top of the list” for jobs and/or graduate school. Current School of Medicine research includes:
- Erasing fear memories to prevent post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD) and phobias
- Advancing research on inflammatory bowel disease (IBD) — thanks to a $1.83 million grant from the National Institutes of Health (NIH)
A UC Degree Is More Affordable Than You Might Think
of UCR undergraduate students received some form of financial aid.
of UCR transfer students received some form of financial aid.
of students' financial aid need was met with need-based aid.
(Financial Aid Office, 2018–19)
Let us show you how: financialaid.ucr.edu
School of Medicine Scholarships
Discover scholarship opportunities, externship funding, financial counseling, and budgeting tools.
Prestigious Scholarships and Awards
Freshman and transfer UCR students can fund their education with prestigious scholarships, such as the Donald A. Strauss Scholarship and the Undergraduate Fulbright Scholars (Research and English Teaching Award). Support is offered throughout the application process. Also available are campus scholarships, and Financial Aid's Outside Agency Scholarship Search for regional and national scholarships.
SEEMA TIWARI-WOODRUFF, PH.D.
Professor of Biomedical Sciences
Leading a study to develop drugs aimed at reducing seizures in multiple sclerosis, and possibly epilepsy.
MAEGEN DUPPER, M.D.
Associate Dean, Clinical Medical Education
Assistant Clinical Professor of Family Medicine
- Native of the Inland Empire who earned her M.D. at UCLA and conducted her residency at the Kaiser Permanente Fontana Medical Center before joining the UCR SOM faculty.
- Provides leadership for the third- and fourth-year medical curriculum, as well as the Longitudinal Ambulatory Care Experience (LACE).
ANNIE LE, Class of ’19
- Won the Medical Student Education Scholarship from the Society of Teachers of Family Medicine
- Represented the School of Medicine at the 2017 Conference on Medical Student Education
- Won the Arnold P. Gold Student Summer Fellowship to address environmental health challenges in a Los Angeles community
ANTONIO GARCIA, Class of ’20
- First-generation college student
- Volunteered as a Diabetes Health Coach at a county clinic in Riverside
- Committed to shaping the broader factors that affect the health of his neighbors, such as air and water quality, as well as access to health insurance
UCR’s Career Center — and Virtual Career Center — offers full-service counseling and resources, regardless of major or class level.
- Career and graduate/professional school planning
- Job/internship search strategies and database
- Skill-building workshops, employer information sessions, and panel discussions
- 15 fairs and special events, including the Graduate and Professional School Information Day Fair, and the Health Professions School Information Day Fair