School of Medicine
Stand Out. Save Lives.
Discover healthcare innovations (Biomedical Scientist). Provide compassionate and effective patient care (Doctor of Medicine). And so much more. UCR’s School of Medicine serves the healthcare needs of the Inland Empire — a rapidly growing and ethnically diverse region that’s home to 4.2 million people!
We put research in your hands.
UCR offers research opportunities to all undergraduate students! This advantage catapults you to the “top of the list” for jobs and/or graduate school. Current School of Medicine research includes:
- Erasing fear memories to prevent post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD) and phobias
- Advancing research on inflammatory bowel disease (IBD) — thanks to a $1.83 million grant from the National Institutes of Health (NIH)
You can afford a UC degree, regardless of income and without going into debt.
of UCR undergraduate students received some form of financial aid.
of UCR transfer students received some form of financial aid.
of students' financial aid need was met with need-based aid.
(Financial Aid Office, 2017–18)
Let us show you how: financialaid.ucr.edu
School of Medicine Scholarships
Discover scholarship opportunities, externship funding, financial counseling and budgeting tools. somsa.ucr.edu
National Prestigious Scholarships and Awards (NPSA)
Freshman and transfer UCR students can fund their education with prestigious scholarships, such as the Donald A. Strauss Scholarship and the Undergraduate Fulbright Scholars (Research and English Teaching Award). Support is offered throughout the application process. UCR regional and national scholarships are also available via Financial Aid's Outside Agency Scholarship Search.
You have big dreams. We'll help them come true!
DR. SEEMA K. TIWARI-WOODRUFF
Associate Professor of Biomedical Sciences
Leading a study to develop drugs aimed at reducing seizures in multiple sclerosis and possibly epilepsy
DR. MAEGEN DUPPER, M.D.
Assistant Clinical Professor, Family Medicine
Director of Longitudinal Ambulatory Care Experience (LACE) Program
- Native of the Inland Empire who earned her M.D. at UCLA and conducted her residency at the Kaiser Permanente Fontana Medical Center before joining the UCR SOM faculty
- Oversees the LACE Program, which puts medical students in clinical experience during their first year
ANNIE LE, Class of ’19
- Won the Medical Student Education Scholarship from the Society of Teachers of Family Medicine
- Represented the School of Medicine at the 2017 Conference on Medical Student Education
- Won the Arnold P. Gold Student Summer Fellowship to address environmental health challenges in a Los Angeles community
ANTONIO GARCIA, Class of ’20
- First-generation college student
- Volunteered as a Diabetes Health Coach at a county clinic in Riverside
- Committed to shaping the broader factors that affect the health of his neighbors, such as air and water quality, as well as access to health insurance
Get help with career success.
UCR’s Career Center — and Virtual Career Center — offers full-service counseling and resources, regardless of major or class level.
- Career and graduate/professional school planning
- Job/internship search strategies and database
- Skill-building workshops, employer information sessions and panel discussions
- 11 fairs, including the Graduate and Professional School Information Day Fair, and the Health Professions School Information Day Fair