Walk Backward. Lead Forward.
Apply for the happiest job on campus! Be the face of UCR to prospective students,
their families and important community members. Tours have a huge impact on college
decision-making, which means you have a huge impact on everyone who comes through
our doors. If you’re excited about sharing your college experience, have a passion
for changing lives and want to learn how to walk backward, we encourage you to apply!
How to Become a Campus Tour Guide
We look for students who:
- Are articulate, professional and responsible.
- Share a strong enthusiasm for UCR.
- Are positive and outgoing.
- Work well with individuals and groups in a public environment.
- Know our campus, its events and activities.
- Know UC admissions requirements.
- Can address all questions optimistically.
- Reflect the diversity of our student population.
- Are active in the Highlander community.
- Speak fluent English.
- Guide memorable walking tours for individuals, families and large groups.
- Provide a positive experience for all guests.
- Staff the front desk.
- Assist in Undergraduate Admissions projects.
- Perform data entry and office support, when needed.
- Participate in training new tour guides.
- Work 10–15 hours per week.
- Change lives!
- Log in to Handshake.
- Type campus tour guide under “Start your job search” and click search.
- Click on “Campus Tour Guide” or “Campus Tour Guide Engineering Ambassador.”
- Select “Apply” in the upper right hand corner.
Applications are accepted year round.
Newly hired guides are trained by seasoned mentors on all aspects of guiding tours,
including tour presentation, customization, campus facts and customer service. New
guides will not lead a tour until deemed ready.
Questions? Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or (951) 827-8687.
What Our Campus Tour Guides Say
"I love being a campus tour guide! I enjoy engaging with prospective students and the rewarding feeling I get knowing that I positively influenced their decision to attend UCR."
- Michael Corpuz
"Being a tour guide is a great job to have. I love meeting and interacting with new people. To me, it definitely beats sitting behind a desk. I can converse with prospective students from all over and grow overall as a presenter, leader and speaker."
- Noelle Espero
"At the Campus Tours Office, we have a welcoming and loving staff. We provide an individual with a better understanding about the world through interaction with others."
- Gabriel Hernandez