Secure Your Place at UC Riverside
By completing certain California community college coursework (and meeting other eligibility requirements), you can guarantee your admission to UCR!
How to "TAG" to UCR
- Complete a minimum of 30 UC-transferable semester units.
- Earn the minimum required GPA for your intended major:
- 2.7 for College of Humanities and Social Sciences
- 3.0 plus major preparation for Marlan and Rosemary Bourns College of Engineering
- 2.8 plus major preparation for College of Natural and Agricultural Sciences
- 3.5 plus major preparation for School of Business
- Complete the First English Composition (UC-E) by end of Fall 2017 and Second English
Composition by end of Spring 2018.
- Non-selecting majors must complete a minimum of one UC-transferable math (UC-M) by
end of Fall 2017.
- Students applying to a selecting major (all majors in BCOE, CNAS, SOBA, and Business
Economics, Economics, Psychology, and Neuroscience in CHASS) must have minimum mathematics
for major complete by end of Fall 2017.
- Only students transferring in directly from a California Community College (CCC) are considered for a TAG, including international students (with a visa). The University of California defines a CCC transfer student as one who has completed more than half of their units at a CCC.
- You must complete 60 semester (90 quarter) transferable units by the end of Spring
- Coursework planned for Summer 2018 will not be accepted to meet minimum admission
requirements or major selection. You must complete required major preparation for
your intended major. See major selection criteria at assist.org.
- You must maintain the required GPA for your intended major (see above).
- The UC Transfer Admission Planner (TAP) serves as both your progress tracker and your TAG application.
- Plan to submit your application September 1-30, 2017, for Fall Quarter 2018.
- You may only TAG to one UC.
If you completed the provisions of your TAG contract, met all requirements for admission and submitted a complete UC application: Welcome to UCR! Admission decisions begin March 1.