Secure Your Place at UC Riverside
By completing certain California community college coursework (and meeting other eligibility requirements), you can guarantee your admission to UCR!
How to "TAG" to UCR
- Complete a minimum of 30 UC-transferable semester units.
- Earn the minimum required GPA for your intended major:
- 3.0 for College of Humanities and Social Sciences
- 3.1 plus major preparation for Bourns College of Engineering
- 3.1 plus major preparation for College of Natural and Agricultural Sciences
- 3.2 plus major preparation is required for Biology, Biochemistry, Chemistry and Neuroscience.
- 3.5 plus major preparation for School of Business Administration
- Complete the First English Composition (UC-E) by end of Fall 2016 and Second English
Composition by end of Spring 2017.
- Non-selecting majors must complete a minimum of one UC-transferable math (UC-M) by
end of Fall 2016.
- Students applying to a selecting major (all majors in BCOE, CNAS, SOBA, and Neuroscience
in CHASS) must have minimum mathematics for major complete by end of Fall 2016.
- Only students transferring in directly from a California Community College (CCC) are considered for a TAG, including international students (with a visa). The University of California defines a CCC transfer student as one who has completed more than half of their units at a CCC.
- You must complete 60 semester (90 quarter) transferable units by the end of Spring
- Coursework planned for Summer 2017 will not be accepted to meet minimum admission
requirements or major selection. You must complete required major preparation for
your intended major. See major selection criteria at assist.org.
- You must maintain the required GPA for your intended major (see above).
- The UC Transfer Admission Planner (TAP) serves as both your progress tracker and your TAG application.
- Plan to submit your application September 1-30, 2016, for Fall Quarter 2017.
- You may only TAG to one UC.
If you completed the provisions of your TAG contract, met all requirements for admission and submitted a complete UC application: Welcome to UCR! Admission decisions begin March 1.