Your Student Will Love It Here
At UC Riverside, your student's safety, success and wellbeing are our number-one priority. We want your student (and you!) to have the best college experience possible.
At UCR, Your Student Will Be:
- Your student’s secure residence hall community features video surveillance, restricted card access and live-in staff.
- UCR’s on-campus police department is on-call 24/7 and routinely patrols housing and campus.
- UCR’s Campus Safety Escorts are always available to walk students across campus at night.
- Emergency phones can be found throughout campus and residence hall communities.
- Your student can opt-in to our sophisticated emergency notification system, which sends instant campus alerts to your student via text.
- See more safety information for parents and families.
- Through our First Year Success Programs, your student can connect with study groups, make friends and live in special interest
- Our Academic Resource Center will provide your student with free tutoring and test prep.
- Your student will also have access to special academic support programs within their residence hall community.
- All undergraduate programs feature academic advising so that your student can plan their coursework wisely and succeed.
- Honors programs are available for students who seek a challenge.
- Your student will experience cultural growth, get involved in the community, and learn
to lead through our Ethnic & Gender Programs.
- At the International Students and Scholars Office, international students get extra support with everything from maintaining visa status
and exploring Southern California, to making friends and finding employment.
- If your student has a disability, Student Special Services is there to help them fully participate in all aspects of campus life.
- Thanks to programs such as our LGBT Resource Center, UCR consistently ranks among the most LGBT-friendly campuses in the nation.
- At Student Health Services, your student can access everything from urgent care and prescriptions, to dental
care and optical services.
- With the UC Student Health Insurance Plan (USHIP), your student’s doctor visits are free.
- Through the Counseling and Psychological Services, your student has access to psychiatric services, free counseling and 24-hour mental
- At UCR’s state-of-the-art Student Recreation Center, your student can rock climb, run, swim and more. The best part: Membership is already
included in your student’s fees. Take a virtual tour.
- UCR Dining Services ensures your student has access to healthy, nutritious meals including lighter options
and sick meals.
- The WELL provides resources and support for your student's physical, social, emotional, cultural and spiritual wellness including amazing on-campus wellness programming and a peer mentor network.
- We are proud of our UCR Alumni, who make a difference in their communities and around the world.
- Through our Career Center’s programs, your student will find internships and jobs through quarterly job fairs, polish their resume and interview skills at workshops, and meet with prospective employers upon graduation.
Housing and Dining
Paying for College
Virtual and Campus Tours
How to Apply
How to Get Help